Fashion in the 1980s was associated with loud colours, sequins and bold outfits. Such styles are making a comeback on the ramps and in daily wear, be it bell bottoms or customised jackets. Samiksha Bajaj, co-founder of Samshek, and Nidhi Mehra, the owner of ethnic wear brand Aahanas, share tips on how to rock the 1980s style in 2017:
* The bell bottom game is on: The 1980s favourite clothing piece was bell bottoms with an extra flair. But in 2017, they are revamped with limited flair. Pairing bell bottoms with ganjis or crop tops will give your attire a chic look. You can wear it with a slogan T-shirt as well.
* Customising your jackets: The badges and pins that everyone is using on their leather and denim jackets was a 1980s trend to give your jacket a hipster look. This style was not limited to women; men wore it as well. How can you forget Salman Khan in Maine Pyar Kiya and his famous black leather jacket with a bunch of badges.
* Sunglasses: From the super mirrored glasses to the oversized round glares, sunglasses were a roaring trend in the 1980s. They have resurfaced again.
* Glitzy sequins: The 1980s aren’t associated with excess for nothing. Glitzy sequins were a staple of the decade. In today’s time, wearing a sequinned top with black denims or shorts will make you look like a rockstar.
* The bright face look: The red lipstick which has been trending for the last few years is a statement from the 1980s. Wear the red lipstick with either a plain black dress or white and it will brighten your face. Apply that wing kajal on your eyes to rock that 1980s style.