Heath Ledger’s father Kim speaks about his son’s tragic death in 2008

THE night before Heath Ledger died in 2008 from a lethal drug overdose, his sister Kate warned him not to mix prescription medications. “The last conversation Kate had with him was this discussion about his medications and she warned him, ‘‘You can’t mix drugs that you don’t know anything about’,” Ledger’s father Kim told news.com.au. … Read more Heath Ledger’s father Kim speaks about his son’s tragic death in 2008

Blind after birth: ‘My lights went out and that was my last coloured memory’

“TWELVE months ago today, I had my nine-day-old baby boy asleep on my chest. We were on a hospital trolley bed, my mum on my left, my husband on my right. As the orderlies were wheeling us towards the theatre, I was crying and clutching my baby, wondering if I was ever going to see … Read more Blind after birth: ‘My lights went out and that was my last coloured memory’

Devastating consequences of baby’s oxygen tragedy

SEPTEMBER 2008, Bankstown Hospital. A drained and near hysterical expectant mother has made her way to the western Sydney facility for the fourth time since her contractions began four days ago, and it’s the first time she hasn’t been sent away. Exhausted, she requests a caesarean only to be told that the theatre is too … Read more Devastating consequences of baby’s oxygen tragedy

Zika hits US in Florida after four infections

FOUR people in Florida have been infected with the Zika virus by local mosquitoes, health officials say, making them the first to be infected on the US mainland. “While no mosquitoes trapped tested positive for the Zika virus, the department believes these cases were likely transmitted through infected mosquitoes in this area,” according to a … Read more Zika hits US in Florida after four infections